05 February 2009

Let it snow!











Officially my first snow day in England! The buses stopped running this morning after a double decker slid on the ice and crashed into someone's front door (how's that for a wake up call?) I am too far away from work to walk, and the British won't let me drive because I'm American (hooray for anti-U.S.!) so no work for moi!

I ran outside as soon as I figured out the buses weren't running, and started running around myself like a snow banchee. I was catching the snow on my tongue and making snow angels in my backyard. I imagine some neighbor watching me from their upstairs window, the woman says, "What is wrong with that girl?" and the man answers, "I think she's from Texas".

Now I need to warm up (I always forgot that snow makes you wet when you roll around in it) with some hot chocolate and Christmas carols (it seems appropriate).

Sending many snow balls and icy kisses your way!

No comments: